Friday, July 30, 2010

Thursday Surprise!

So let me tell you that yesterday was something else! I arrived at the studio at 9am and thought that all I would be doing is shadowing The Morning Cruise, BUT little did I know that I was going to be on air! I mean I sat there watching Bill and Carmen doing their thing and  then when a song came on Carmen was like Michelle we're getting ready to talk to you, and I am like ummm huh? haha I was confused but ready. They talked to me about my experience during this internship and about what I have learned, and they just had such kind words. I mean everyone here has been more than great to me and seriously as I said before I wish I could just let them know how much I love each and everyone of them. Like how do you fall in love with people in 3 months actually less than 3 months ? I mean seriously this is love that will last forever, this is not a summer love :-).
After being on the air, all of a sudden the door opened and Mama Mary carried in a box and a pretty bag with ribbons on it. In my head I am just like what's going on? Carmen said that since she wasn't going to be around  to say bye to me she wanted a little celebration of her own, and it was amazing. I was given a pink Vera Bradley bag for school with school accessories in it! And I just want to thank everyone for it! It is so great! There were also cupcakes involved from Carmen's favorite place Cakes by Ron. It was so delicious and so thoughtful :-( <3.  I am appreciative beyond words, beyond tears, even though I babbled like a little baby.  I said bye to her temporarily though, I am going to have lunch with her when she gets back from vacation.  Then Luisa gave me more accessories for my bag so I will always have some joy with me :-)
After crying and eating, and just everything, I helped Luisa and Mary with some things. You see, Carmen is going to Guatemala in September and she is bringing new shoes with her.  So this wonderful man who works with an organization called Beautiful Feet has offered to donate a pair of shoes for every shoes donated up to 12,000 shoes. So he donated 1,000 shoes already just to get us started and that is the project I helped Mary with. I helped her clean out the storage room, and then put the boxes inside. Bill M. helped me and before we knew it we were done!
This Shoe donation is really huge and amazing when you think about it. I mean this actually brings a community of people together for a great cause. I think we forget everyday how fortunate we are. I also we take for granted the things we have. I know I do. I mean we get into this battle of who has the best this or who has the biggest that, we forget that there are a lot of places that can't do that because they don't even have their basic needs; and if they do have their basic needs like water it is dirty, food is moldy and their shelter has holes in it. Yet here we are getting mad because the power went out and we are without TV for three hours, or we are mad because a small part of the meatloaf burned, yet there are children who would eat it still.  I mean these are just my thoughts  at the moment, just because of the turn society has taken. There is just this shallow outlook in todays world that just needs to be eliminated. I didn't mean to go on a rant, but...yea.....Carmen needs new shoes and I pray that she reaches her goal and beyond! That was it for yesterday! Live Laugh Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment