Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day w/o Mary

Hey! So today I definitely kept busy. As I said in my last post, Mary and I were working on logistics for the shoe stops which will be in August.  Yesterday, we were looking for shoe stores  in the areas that the stops would be taking place in.  And so today, the first thing  I did (after eating two cookies) was contact each of the locations and give the information on what we wanted to do and see if that is something they would like to be apart of. I had success with 2 out of the 7 locations given to me. Most of the locations had managers that were out, other locations needed permission from "higher ups", SO I guess I have to try again on Monday.

After dealing with that, I was given the task of preparing the packages to be mailed to winners of last Friday's free giveaway. It was fun, but there were a bit of set backs. One setback was that the addresses were wrong on some, so I had to call some people to get the correct addresses. So today usps.com became my friend.  Afterwards I realized that there was another issue. We were giving away shirts and Cd's and some people never gave the shirt sizes they wanted and so I had to call them.

While retrieving the shirts from the backroom, I was looking for larges, but couldn't find some (and there were quite a few requests for large) I moved a bit of boxes and lo and behold there were larges, but not enough large envelopes. So I learned to fold the shirts a certain way with the Cd so they could fit in a medium envelope.

Today was an interesting day, and to be honest I was not bored AT ALL. I was definitely busy.  Mary wasn't in but I got everything she asked done,and you know what I am proud of myself.  I think I should, be.  Today made me realize that I never really say that to myself. So self I am proud of you. OK now, with that said I am heading home! Let's see what is in store for tomorrow!  Bye ! 

P.S. I was not complaining, I was just stating my dificulties and successes

No comments:

Post a Comment