Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Audrey Assad and Cafe Joy

Yesterday I had a long weekend and so getting up early was a bit hard, however it was worth it. When I arrived I began to help Mary because there was an artist in the studio.  The station was putting on an event in which people were able to come to the station and have lunch and watch the artist perform. The artists name was Audrey Assad and she is a new artist.  Not only was she here to perform for a few listeners, but she was also celebrating the release of her new CD entitled, The House You're Building. She Co-hosted the morning show with Dave and Carmen while Bill was still on vacation.

This was a great event and one event that I think Mary seriously out did herself. She turned a space at the office into a small cafe, which was beautiful. I helped Mary bring in stools, bring in the food, set up the food table, and just make sure everything was OK. After everything was all set, our guests began to arrive and since they were early, we had them wait in the conference room. When Audrey was ready, we moved everyone into the "cafe" area and then the show began. She has an AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING voice. Her voice is earthy and soulful and the cafe setting was just right. After her performance and some praise and worship, the guests had lunch, they received Cd's, got the Cd's signed, received T-shirts and then headed on their way.  I can't imagine the amount of planing that had to go into pulling something like that off, right after her vacation.  It was really great and I just want Mary to know how awesome she is to pull something off like that.

After the everyone, including Audrey, was gone, Mary and I broke down the areas and cleaned up.  I then went to help her with the next project, which is collecting shoes for orphans. This year Carmen would be collecting shoes for orphans in Guatemala. Mary and I were starting the logistics for this project  and the lists of tasks that I had to complete for the next day (Today).  O boy, I love helping with promotions and even though it is draining physically and mentally, it is great to see the satisfaction that it brings everyone. My next post ill be about Today's adventures.



Audrey Assad
Carmen Needs Shoes!
Carmen is headed back to Guatemala this year, and MIKESCHAIR is coming with her! She’ll be collecting NEW shoes beginning NOW through August 24. She’d love for your small group to organize a shoe drive within your church. Whichever group collects the most shoes will win a FREE MIKESCHAIR CONCERT for their church!

No comments:

Post a Comment