Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Day with Kris B. AKA Krispy Kreme

OK, so today was my first day back to my internship after my vacation, and it was really cool. A majority of people are on vacation (Dave, Carmen, Bill, Mary, Donna...) So the on air schedule has drifted away from its norm a bit, with Dan doing the morning spots and Leslie doing the afternoon spots and Jayar doing his well .......... regular spots :-) .  SO! I  went in around 10am and went to see what was up with Kris and his chair was empty! Luckly he was in, he was just holding a conversation with the on air talent.  So while he did that I hung out with Leslie for a few seconds and then once Kris came in, I began to shadow him and see all he does for the station.

Let's see what does Kris do? How about Everything! Ok, not everything, but he does A LOT.  If I had to say who Kris B. was, I would say that he was a mastermind with computers and design.  He is the producer for the morning cruise show, he does most of the banners for the joy fm website, he edits the promos that goes on air, he is on air himself both for proms and a radio slot, he writes the promos, and a whole bunch of other things that I know I left out. Once situated, he began to edit some promos that would play on air that same day and continuouisly until the end date (which he sets in the computer). He educated me on the  technical terms, which by the end made my brain start to pulsate, however a few more hours with him and I believe that I could translate half the things he was saying. I watched in amazement how fast his hands moved on the keyboard as he snipped audio clips and edited music under voices. His fingers moved as though the keyboard was a piano and he was Bethoven. I was amazed.  He is seriosly a talented person and from what he told me has come a long way. When he works, one can see that he seriously enjoys his job, and I couldn't help but hope that one day I will feel the same way about my career.  Kris harbors a sense of humor that he is not shy to show and has a laidback personality that he throws into his  job.  He is very meticulous and critical of his own work which I feel is a good thing,  because that means that he has high standards for himself and for the outcome of the projects that he does.
Today,  I was fortunate enough to do a promo that would have gone on air, if I wasn't cursed with such a baby voice. just kidding , God gave me this voice and I am satisfied with it, I just wish it was more mature. So my promo didn't get aired, but it was fun experiencing it all the same.  Kris did so many things today that I don't think I can remember them all. I remember giving a little input when Kris was writing the promos and I am just happy that I could help.  I am just happy that , though he is busy, he took time to answer my questions and just basically make me shadow him.  I wonder what tomorrow holds?  I learned a lot  today and realized that his job takes a lot of creativity and dedication.  I really like this week because Leslie is fabulous and Kris is awesome and together they are just Fawsome! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment