Friday, July 16, 2010

Promotions! Promotions! Promotions! :-)

The more time that passes by, seriously I think the more epiphanies I have. I am learning so much not only in the field, but also about myself. All my life, I have been this timid, shy person lacking a backing bone, and as the hours pass, I feel like I am losing that, and that is a good thing. In life, there is no time to be timid and shy, if you want something you should just go for it. I am also learning to have more confidence in myself and my work. Next thing that I have to learn is that it is OK to mess up. As long as you confess to your mistakes and learn from it, then I believe that it is OK. I mean isn't that what life is, trial and error?

Anyway, yesterday I continued to help Mary, which is something I always love doing. She wasn't in again, but she gave me instructions via email, and I went to work. I started calling the locations that the shoe collection boxes will be located. After calling multiple churches and stores in different cities in FL, I booked and confirmed about 6 out of 9 shoe collection locations. The other places will be getting back to me soon.

The rest of the day, I helped Luisa answer the phones and transfer them. For some reasons the phones were just ringing off the hook. As the day went on, one of the DJ's put me on air. Hahaa thing is I didn't know I was going to be on air, so it was surprising to actually hear myself . He called the station and in his "Brooklyn Accent" hahaa he said " Hey I just moved here from Brooklyn." And so all I said "OK, and  how can I help you." Hahaa long story short he called to speak to Luisa, who I thought was going to be the only one on air, but lo and behold, I was on air too!  It was fun so THANK YOU JAYAR! YOU R-O-C-K!!!  hahaa that was great of you :-)! 
So as the days go on, and the countdown leaves me with two weeks left, I am surprisingly feeling good. I mean I am looking forward to going back to school and graduating on May 21st 2011. I am looking forward to building my own bridges and persevering through life on my own, IN THE REAL WORLD.  I mean everyone here has a story, and God has brought them here not directly, but after many trials and tribulations.  That is why they are able to take their life lessons and pour it into their work.  They all had to build their own bridges, and patch it when they had holes and screws  loose, and I know that is exactly what I have to do. I know and understand this now.  I believe the best lessons learned are the lessons that you really have to push through.  No promises that I am not going to blubber like a baby on my last day, BUT for now I am just enjoying it, enjoying the internship, enjoying the work, enjoying my joy Fm family. Well that is all for this post! Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment