Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 2 with Kris

Today was really great! Today I reached the station at 10am , which started day 2 of shadowing Kris, however today I wasn't just shadowing, I WAS HELPING!  OK so let me just say, that for certain reasons from my childhood, I do have issues taking initiative. I am very hesitant to speak up, (which I am getting over) or when I  do speak up I "speak up" softly. When I want to suggest things I kind of walk on eggshells, but I promised myself that I would stop that, because the only way I am going to succeed in life is to be a self starter.

So today Kris did some editing for lightforce radio. He did sweepers, liners, and shorts for lightforce radio which is a radio on air program that targets youth. He asked for my opinion and as usual I was hesitant to give it. However, he pushed me out of my shell and continuously asked my opinion and I was just happy to give suggestions. I am happy that Kris helped me speak up because the end product was awesome!  I mean it still amazes me how much of a master mind he is with editing and audio and everything.  Today was really fun and an awesome day.  He is a great teacher, and as I said before he LOVES what he does.  I just can't believe how fasts his hands move on the computer.  I am excited to see what tomorrow holds!

Though our day was short, I ended up leaving 2 hours after I was suppose to, but it was so worth it. I was talking to Luisa about so many things that if I were to list them all, it would take me forever. I just have to say that Luisa is so great and is someone I can really talk to. I approached her with many of my fears and issues that I have been harboring for a while, because I don't really know who else I could talk to.  Luisa has so much good advice and wisdom that I appreciate. I am happy to have talked to her and get so much off my chest. She is just amazing. Well i'm gonna see what tomorrow holds! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment