Monday, June 28, 2010

A Song of Thanks..............

Beautiful, full of grace and outspoken. These are words that describe Carmen Brown of the Morning Cruise. She is a great person all around and I was really blessed and happy that she took time (which she could have used to sleep) to be interviewed by me. Carmen is known for her laugh and snorts that brightens up everyone's morning and her great big heart that keeps on giving even though physically she is exhausted. I watched her every day of the Summer Cruise 5 as she did the morning and afternoon broadcasts ,along side Dave and Bill, with a huge smile on her face. She greeted many people, laughing and crying at the stories she was told. Though she was running on empty, she never showed it and was happy to pose for pictures and sign autographs. This is what made me admire her so much.
When I first meet people I am a sponge. Instead of jumping right in, I try to absorb their personality and feel out the kind of person they are and then..... watch out, because that is when I get talkative. It didn't take me a long time to figure out the kind of person Carmen was  and it also didn't take me long to realize how much I admire her and how someday I seriously want to be like her.
Not realizing where she was suppose to end up, and what plans God had for her, she got her degree in public relations and was working at a museum afterwards. As time went on a radio station who was doing promotions for the museum Carmen was working at, snatched her up and to make a long story short, God placed Carmen at the Joy FM. Carmen now serves as program director, making sure that the station keeps a positive image as well as on air personality for the Morning Cruise. She is one busy mama, and when asked how she deals with her busy life and spending time with her family she said that when the weekend comes or when she goes home in the evenings it is family time. Carmen time is Carmen time, and work time is work time. From my observations Carmen works VERY VERY hard ,but she does know how to have fun which is seriously a healthy balance. She sovles problems and issues quite well ,and as stated before, she truly has the biggest heart I have ever seen. One thing she just has to master is teleporting which would be her super power IF super powers were real and if she had any.
All in all Carmen gave me some good advice as to  what I needed personality wise if I wanted to make it in promotions. If I want to succeed as a promoter, I have to be structured and organized yet flexible. Also, I would need to know that mistakes happen and to freak out is an absolute no no; and lastly  being able to multitask many different details and ideas to bring one big idea together is a must. The Summer Cruise has taught me this and so has working with the Promotions Department (Mary the Money Saving MAMA! who is a definite pro and an absolute blessing and angel to me also). Carmen has opened my eyes to many things and has answered many questions that I have had for a long time and have struggled to find the answers to, and she did this all without knowing it. So next time I see her I have to say Thank You. Or since you said you wanted to read this I think I will do it here. Thank You so much Carmen for giving me a role model and someone to look up to. You and Mary have given me something to aspire to, and I know the road to a career that you enjoy is long and hard, but due to the way you carry yourself and act you have given me hope that there is something out there for me. I someday want to be in the position you are in, in which you don't look at your career as just a career, but you look at it as life and your way of helping people. So thank you for that so much. I am looking forward to spending time with you.

That is it for now, my next post will be coming soon. Tomorrow I am headnig to Port Richey to help Bryan get ready for Freedom Fest. Oy Vey I wish there was a way to way to make the summer never end. I am seriously going to miss everyone :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment