Thursday, June 10, 2010

Port Richey and Bryan Scott

You see, I would have updated my profile yesterday, but I was tooo tired because I had to drive a total of 5 hours to go to the port richey location of the radio station. Though it was far, I didn't mind it because I enjoyed my day. First I met Bryan Scott who is the event coordinator and I met Lisa who also deals with the events, and I met Terri who is the Web Design person. I got comfortable in Bryan's office as he explained what he does. He was under a lot of pressure however, because of the six Chonda Pierce shows starting today through next12 Friday. Chonda Pierce is a clean comedian who uses comedy from her own life, and she is well known among the Christian community. I have never heard of her until now, but I have youtubed some of her stuff and she is a bit funny although she caters to older generation Christians.  Bryan is the one putting all of this together (with help of course) but this is his playing field and he has A LOT on his plate.  He explained to me that he does take care of  everything because the listeners are basically the costumers and they come first. With each show, we want them to leave with the experience and feeling that they will never ever experience anything like that again because it was so great. We want to meet their needs and help them with what they came for. Instantly I knew that in this business and if someday I want to be where Bryan is I will have to get rid of my shy demeanor and soft spoken nature. I will have to learn to take control. He also told me that any ideas I can contribute is great because he is really a laid-back guy and that this is a laid back environment..  After that he gave me a desk and computer and I was able to help him. He showed me  the back room and let me help him by taking inventory of the bands that would go on peoples wrists so he would know if he had to order more. After this we had a meeting and we talked about the number of people that will be in attendance at each location and depending on the amount of bands we had what colors would go to what location and person. When I say person, I mean that the type of ticket a person bought. A person could have bought General Admission, Front Row (VIP), or Gold Circle which is in the middle.  After that I did some printing of labels for the sections and before I knew it the day was done.  Before I left Bryan informed me of how to dress for the show tomorrow COMFORTABLE SHOES!!!!!! and  actually gave me "homework"  He gave me hospitality riders for a past show and insurance information. As an event planner one has to make sure the artist is really happy, you have to pamper them like there is no tomorrow and so that is exactly what a Rider is. A rider is a SPECIFIC list of what the artist wants for himself and those traveling with him. This ranges from towels to Coco pebbles, from bottled water to a case of red bull. From breakfasts to dinners and from the band room the hotel they will stay in.  This is negotiated between the event planner and the manager and the artist.After everyone is happy the things that are asked for are bought and placed in the place they want it (band room or artist room).  Insurance is basically what it sounds like and is needed in case something happens like a speaker falls on someone or if a speaker falls and puts a hole in the venues floor. Each piece of paper (insurance) per venue costs up to $100,000 maybe even beyond that depending on the policy you get. Bryan was really helpful and I enjoyed learning from him! Well until tomorrow (actually Saturday because I am working until late tomorrow) BYE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment