Saturday, June 12, 2010

FIrst Chonda Event 6/12






So the Chonda event went really well. I arrived at the Lakeland venue at 3:45 and after an hour and a half of driving I was pooped, but I got caffeinated and sugared up and  went to work. When I arrived I saw the Joy FM van and Bran who was putting up signs that would later direct traffic. After helping him with that. I met more people who would be helping with the event and then I got to do my least favorite thing, take inventory again. Taking inventory is necessary because we needed to make sure we had enough bands to put around peoples hands.  After taking inventory of the bands, I was told to hang tight until there was other things to do. After a few moments passed it was time to get ready to band peoples arms and take tickets. (How hard could that be right?) Ha lets just say I never want to see wrists or ticket stubs again, BUT I am  hahaaha. Before going to band peoples arms, Bryan explained to me and about a dozen other people how to go about taking tickets, what bands were for the different types of admission (General, VIP, Gold Circle) however I recognized that he had a hard time doing so because when ever he finished explaining one thing a few more people trickled in making him repeat himself.  So with this job, I know you have to have patience and a big mouth (voice) and a bull horn.  After him explaining the process, he introduced us to two people who have been with him for many events and knows how these things work. They were the designated go to people. It was then time to band wrists and take tickets. The flow started out really light and it was a great idea to band wrists before the doors opened, so people just walked in when the door opened and the people who were just arriving were those that we focused on.  IT WAS A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!!! But the hours flew by and before I knew it, it was time to count ticket stubs and then it was over. I sat down and watched the show for a little bit before heading home but  I came to a realization. As an event planner, by the time things are done you don't get to see the end product and if yo do have time to see the end product
you don't want to because you are too tiered. All you can do is hear about it. 
Before I watched the show Bryan made me give him feedback as to what I liked and what I think he should do different. I said everything went smoothly and the idea of banding people before the doors open was a great idea. I loved it. It was a great experience and I am ready for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment