Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day two with Mary - Promotions

Forgive me because I am really tired and I am going to try my best to make what I am writing make sense.  Today my day was good and even though it has only been two days with Mary it feels longer, but in a good way.  My days go by really quickly because I am so busy.  Today I got there at 9:30 and went straight to work. I got the locations for the different stops we are going to make for the summer cruise and the hotels we are going to stay in and then made a map of every destination on Google maps with directions.  After  doing this for most of the day, we had a staff meeting which was also down time and devotion/prayer time.  After devotion and after making the maps I helped Mary make some calls to people who won tickets and a Snuggie from last Fridays Free from all.  I called twelve people too let them know how and where to get their prizes as well as when. After making the calls I went back to making the maps for next week because after discussing it with Mary we decided on a better way to do it and less confusing way. What we decided to do was make a map and direction list by the day instead of just one big map. After doing that, Mary admitted that she had so much more to do and was nervous that we weren't going to have enough time to get everything done. I tried my best to reassure her, but she still seemed nervous. After speaking with her, I helped label the boxes that contained the T-shirts.  Mary made copies of the directions and maps, and before the end of my day came I sorted everything into the summer cruise binders which Mary and I will be working on for the rest of the week. I am excited yet nervous about next week. Long hours and a lot of work, BUT I believe I am ready. This is the real world isn't it? I am going to be so sad to leave by the end of the internship. I a, trying not to think about it. Well that is all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment