Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Cruise 5

So I have been trying to update my blog every day, but you know what I am seriously living the life of the real world and everyday in this line of work isn't possible. So the Summer Cruise 5 was last week and last week this time I was in a hotel preparing to get ready to wake up 3:00 in the morning to be at the station by 4. We traveled all over Florida with Christian artist Josh Wilson, who I must say is such a wonderful awesome guy. I mean I was never star struck with him because he doesn't act like your typical celebrity. He doesn't let the love of fans get to his head and truly looks at being a singer as doing work for Jesus. He doesn't care about the glamor and the glitter of things and he is a real person who is surrounded by love (and don't even get me started about what his wife is like. So Sunday I went to the hotel that was close to the Sarasota Airport and met Mary the next morning bright and early. This kicked off the first day of the summer cruise. I helped Josh's wife Becca with Merchandise and greeted people and handed out the T-shirts that was promised to the first hundred people through the door. Before I get into the logistics of what I did, let me first explain what the summer cruise is. Let me tell you what you are thinking it is, it isn't. The summer cruise is when the Joy FM goes around to different cities in the state of FL with an artist and do live broadcasts from a diner/ restaurant. This is to promote the station as well as promote the artist we are traveling with. We went to numerous places (Chick- fil- A, Cafes, regular restaurants ) it was just such a great time. The reason we went to restaurants and diners is because of the homey feel that these places give. We didn't want people to think that they had to be stuffy and that what we were doing seemed rehearsed. The atmosphere of the summer cruise is that of a family reunion because that is how the station views their listeners. It was such a great time. I seriously enjoyed it!!! I got to feel what it was like to be in the position I want to go in for my future career. The hours were long, the sleep was short, but it was worth it. I enjoyed it beyond words and it helped me grow as a person. I feel like I matured and that my faith blossomed because of this. The stories of how God has helped so many people and the down times that people had has helped me realized to just not take anything for granted. Josh and his wife Becca were so amazing to the point that I cried when it was over. This whole experience was so great that I cried because it was over. Though I was running on E by Friday, I enjoyed it. I love these people and I am seriously learning soo much due to this internship. I will never forget the tears I cried because of the stories that touched my heart. I will never forget the day we surprised a man whose wife just died with josh Wilson. I will never forget the special time I spent with the special people in my life and the new friends I have made. I pray to God and thank Him for this. My next post will be about my interview with Carmen who is the on-air personality of the morning cruise and the program director. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment