Monday, May 31, 2010

Day two- w/o Luisa

Ok well my second day was nerve wrecking because the secretary (Luisa) wasn't there and I had to help out and learn her duties. Today taught me that it takes A LOT to run a radio station. I answered the phones today and answers people questions and directed them to the right people (like Luisa showed me the day before), then my on-site supervisor Karen showed me the basic things that Luisa usually does for the station. She showed my how the mail was sorted and how the checks were divided and calculated. The reason why the checks are so important is because the joy f is a listener supported radio station and relies on the checks that are given to the station to carry on with their music.  After calculating the checks, I sat right back down and started browsing the website and answering the phone. Karen, the on-site supervisor, then informed me of my schedule for the rest of the summer. I know what you are thinking, it is an internship that I got stuck at a desk with, but no that isn't so.  This week I am observing the administrative stuff and the rest of the time it is all learning about radio production.  This day was a bit drawn out, but went by fast at the end because I began to help Mary, the programming director, with tasks. At the end of the day I learned that I shouldn't have been scared because Luisa wasn't there, everything worked out fine. 5/25

No comments:

Post a Comment