Monday, August 2, 2010

Satruday with Leslie aka the Latte Lady

So Saturday was AMAZING. I got to hang with Leslie while she did her thing. What is amazing is how God just seriously worked in her life and brought her here to The Joy FM. We talked a great deal about her journey to where she is now, and let me just say wow. She is truly one blessed person.  Being with Leslie was fun because we got to jam out to songs and seriously  I could relate to her on many different levels.
Her technique of being on air is different than others, because she is fairly new to radio. Watching Leslie reminded me of being in my broadcast delivery class because what she does is type every break she is going to do into Microsoft Word and practice how she is going to say it. She is really critical of her work because she wants it to sound great.
One of her mentors is Jayar, who has been her couch and friend for a while now. She is seriously appreciative of his coaching and opinion when it comes to her on air breaks. Leslie is really cool and down to earth. I had a blast on Saturday and I thank her for such a great time. Though the show ended at 8pm. Leslie and I went out for coffee which was amazing, because I ended the night with a new friend. Leslie has a lot of wisdom and when you mix wisdom with a down to earth personality, you just illuminate awesomeness. :-) So thank you Leslie for letting me distract you on Saturday haaaha and for the latte, and just for all around great conversation.

Well my next post will be about my last day, today. :-( For now that's it.

1 comment: